This Creamy Tomato Pasta is one of those recipes that is extremely easy, but really flavorful. I love making these kinds of pastas. Don’t get me wrong, I love a big pasta dish or a slow cooked meat sauce, but more often than not, all I really want is something simple like this.
The sauce for this pasta is a tomato-infused cream sauce. I didn’t really want to make this very complicated and instead focused on simplicity. This sauce only has about 5 ingredients plus the chicken, pasta, and spinach. I love that because its easy but takes not effort or prep.
I am really also starting to enjoy using sun-dried tomatoes. They have been in several of my recent recipes; I love the somewhat salty taste. Plus they are a great way to add natural tomato flavor without watering down your sauce. My favorite thing is that they are really easy to chop into small pieces. Getting fresh tomatoes into small pieces is almost impossible. Sun-dried tomatoes are so much easier.
Creamy Tomato Pasta
- 1 Lb Farfalle
- 8 Chicken Tenders halved
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 4 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 6 Sun-Dried Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup Spinach
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta per package instructions to taste. Start the pasta when you flip the chicken pieces.
- Heat the butter in a skillet or saute pan over medium-high (7 out of 10).
- Pat the chicken dry and salt/pepper both sides.
- Cook the chicken for about 4 minutes per side and golden brown. Remove and tent with foil.
- Add the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes, reduce heat to a low medium (4 of 10), and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and tomato paste, reduce heat to lower and simmer while the pasta finishes cooking. Add some pasta water if you need to thin out the sauce.
- Add the spinach so that it has about 3 minutes to cook in the sauce.
- Combine the pasta and chicken into the sauce and toss to coat.