Grilled pizza flatbreads are the perfect way to make pizza on a hot summer day. The only time I used the oven for the recipe below was to make the crust. After the crust was finished, all you need to do is add your toppings. Grilled pizza is so versatile, I have made it using the recipe below but I have also made it by using a variety of ingredients. It is a great way to repurpose leftovers; like one I made with pulled pork topped with corn salad that was leftover from dinner earlier in the week.
Flatbread are also perfect for a weeknight meal but also for appetizers since you can vary up the toppings depending on your likes or party theme. Just grill up a bunch of crusts and treat them as a blank canvas you can do what you want with. One of my other favorite flatbreads uses left over slow cooker pork carnitas paired with a corn salsa for a fun Tex-Mex flavor.
Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Grilled pizza
- Pizza dough Homemade (rolled out to about 4 10 x 8 rectangles to fit a grill pan)
- 12 slices good quality Prosciutto
- 1/3 cup crumbled Goat Cheese
- 1 cup Baby Arugula
- Balsamic glaze recipe below
- Preheat grill pan over high heat brushed with a little grapeseed oil. Place the dough on the pan and grill on one side for 4 minutes. Turn over and cook on the other side for about 3 minutes. The dough should have grill marks on each side.
- Remove from the grill pan and allow to cool for a few minutes. Top with prosciutto, goat cheese, and arugula. drizzle the balsamic graze on top.
- Add 1 cup balsamic vinegar to a small sauce pan on a low heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes, until it is thick and syrupy. This should make about 1/2 cup of glaze