This rigatoni dish is one of my favorite quick weeknight meals, because who doesn’t love a creamy pasta sauce with a tube pasta. The brightness of the lemon and broccoli balance the heaviness of the the cream sauce to create a very flavorful but hearty one skillet pasta dish. You could use a ridged penne or other tube pasta for this, but I like the size of the rigatoni.
Another plus to this dish is that it also reheats really well and makes for a great bring to work or school lunch the next day. My husband loves to take this one to work the next day and he says that microwaving it actually seems to make some of the flavors stand out even more.
Lemon Chicken Pasta with Broccoli
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb. chicken tenders cut in half
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lemon cut in slices
- 2 cups small Broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 heavy cream
- 1 lb Rigatoni
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to boil in a stock pot for the pasta. Cook according to package instructions
- In a large saute pan, heat butter over medium high heat. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan once oil begins to shimmer. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Adjust heat to medium and add garlic, broccoli and lemon slices. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add cooked and strained rigatoni and toss to coat.