This is such an easy to throw together side dish. I call it a gratin because its topped with cheese but its basically a sheet pan roast with some cheese on top. Roasted cauliflower has become one of my favorite sides because of the simplicity, but also the taste and texture.
Cauliflower crisps so nicely when you roast it, giving it a nice slightly crunchy note. It also serves as a really nice flavor canvas since it doesn’t have a strong natural flavor. For this we went pretty basic, I did a simple olive oil and garlic. The cauliflower got the perfect browning and a nice subtle flavor.
Topped it toward the end with some gruyere cheese. I love the sharp, meltiness of gruyere. It is one of my absolute favorite cheese, regardless of the situation. I mean it goes well in mac & cheese, grilled cheese, green bean casserole, and this!! Gotta love that versatility.
Sheet Pan Cauliflower Gratin
- 1 Head Cauliflower broken down to florets
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 1/2 Cup Gruyere grated
- Parsley chopped for topping
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- To break down the cauliflower, cut the stalk out of the head which allows for a cleaner breaking up of the florets.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Toss the cauliflower with the garlic, olive oil, and salt/pepper.
- Arrange on a sheet pan in a single layer.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Top with the grated gruyere, post for another 5 minutes.