This couscous recipe is so easy to whip up and has so much flavor. Couscous is one of those go-to weeknight sides because it takes no time at all to cook and can be made with so many different flavors to suite any situation.
This is my take on a fresh Mediterranean flavor. We were looking for a good side dish to go with our Za’atar crusted chicken and these flavors just jumped out at us. Credit goes to my husband, who has an intuitive ability to come up with flavor profiles.
I use chicken broth for my couscous as I like the rich flavor it provides, but you could use water or veggie broth and this would be a completely vegan dish!
Turmeric Mint Couscous
- 1 Box Couscous fine or pearl
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock or Water Homemade Recipe
- 5-6 Large Mint Leaves Minced
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 Tsp Za'atar or 1/8 Tsp each dry thyme and oregano
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- In a small sauce pan bring the Borth, Garlic, and Mint up to a boil. Stir in the Couscous and spice mix. Remove from heat and let stand covered for about 5 minutes. Fluff and enjoy.